Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to all our children

How fitting: on this day of "worshiping" MOTHERS,  that a mother robin would acknowledge and typify the nuturing safety of a mother's hands to cradle her nest with her own progeny.  How metaphorically accurate that this robin would pick THIS statue, which is the centerpiece of this Woman's Garden of Nauvoo, created to honor and celebrate all womanhood as the crowning creation of our Heavenly Father.  


How humbling it was for me to actually be washing these statues by assignment, to metaphorically cleanse them from all the blood and sins of this world, as they, and all the women in the Church that they represent, are such special creations of Heavenly Father.

I also think of my mother, Va Lera, and Becky's mother Grace,  and my wonderful wife and companion, Becky, and all my wonderful children and their wives,  and I wish them and their spouses, and want that  we ALL should appropriately honor them on this beautiful  MOTHER'S DAY
Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment