Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rendezvous

Tonight we performed in another Rendezvous production. I have been having trouble remembering my line. It certainly isn't rocket science stuff.  I only have one sentence, during the Nauvoo militia scene where we are going to go out and fight the mobs. I carry a rifle and my big black hat.  (I look like a Mennonite). But with all the action around  and trying to come in with my words  at the right time, I always forget some part of the sentence.
Tonight, Elder Rawlings suggested that I put the paper with my line written on, in my hat. It is on a paper about 2 inches by 8 1/2 inches. When we enter the stage we are wearing our hats.  We then take them off and hold them.  I was sweating a lot (worrying about my line, I guess), and I took my hat off and came time for my line, I couldn't find my paper, but it was ok. I remembered my line ok. We then have to put our hats on and march out as we are singing.  When I put my hat on I suddenly found my paper. I  found it draped over my bald head stuck to my sweat.
When I took my hat off and through my part I had this paper stuck to my head.  No wonder people looked at me strange.
(Boy, I don't think I'm going to make it as an actor. Maybe they will have a three stooges part, or something)

1 comment:

  1. I totally laughed out loud! I bet you were the hit of the show!

    ReplyDelete